Friday 17 January 2014

MEDJUGORJE RECENT NEWS: THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Medjugorje Recent News: THE SKY IS FALLING

 
..at MEDJUGORJE many adherents claim that they have seen with their own eyes and heard with their own ears and so there can be no question as to the veracity of the claims of the seers...gleaning truth from purely empiric means is subverting the absolute truths and doctrines of the Church..since empiricism tells us our mind is a tablua rasa (blank slate) when we are born and that all knowledge we gain comes through experience of the senses....empiricism as a reliable source of truth fails since the concept itself hinges on a presupposition that our senses are reliable sources of investigation..however another problem arises...how can we understand anything at all without consciousness, sapience, memory and imagination...all these operations of the being of humans do not come from experience they are innate..to know that one is thinking at all is not an empirical form of knowledge..and so empiricism on its own does not furnish us with the full source of truth..we need an objective absolute source which does not change and of course this is God and the revelations we have received as a deposit of faith which never changes...in fact how can one imagine something that has never been experienced? if empiricism is valid..of course to imagine a different shade of blue is possible artists do it all the time...now if such a shade has never existed in reality but only as a universal in the eternal mind of God how can we know it if empiricism is valid???...
 
and so those individuals who claim Medjugorje the Phenomenon is true simply because they have seen or heard are quite deceived..since the Church itself officially is at variance with this position...
 
..as Jesus used parables and small stories to illustrate his truths let us use the analogy of Chicken Little and the folktale of the SKY IS FALLING to illustrate the dangers of trusting too much in one's own subjective experience...
 
 
Did you ever hear of Chicken Little, how she
disturbed a whole neighborhood by her foolish
alarm?

Well, Chicken Little was running about in a
gentleman's garden, where she had no business to
be : she ran under a rose-bush, and a leaf fell on her
tail ; so she was dreadfully frightened, and ran away
to Hen Pen.

" O Hen Pen," said she, " the sky is falling ! "
u Why, Chicken Little, how do you know it ? "
" O, I heard it with my ears, I saw it with my eyes,
and part of it fell on my tail." " Come, then," says
Hen Pen, " let us run as fast as we can."

So they ran till they came to Duck Luck. " O
Duck Luck," says Hen Pen, " the sky is falling ! "
" Why, how do you know it ? " says Duck Luck.
14 Chicken Little told me." " Chicken Little, how
do you know it ? " "I heard it with my ears, I
saw it with my eyes, and part of it feD on my tail "
" O, let us run ! " says Duck Luck.

And they went on till they came to Goose Loose.
" O Goose Loose ! " says Duck Luck, " the sky is
falling." " Why, Duck Luck," says Goose Loose,
" how do you know it ? " Says Duck Luck, " Hen
Pen told me." " Hen Pen, how do you know it ? "
" Chicken Little told me." " Chicken Little, how
do you know it ? " " O, I heard it with my ears, I
saw it with my eyes, and part of it fell on my tail ! "
u Run, run ! as fast as you can," says Goose Loose*
And away they went till they came to

Turkey Lurkey. " O Turkey Lurkey ! " says
Goose Loose, " the sky is falling ! " " Why," says
Turkey Lurkey, " Goose Loose, how do you know
it ? " Says Goose Loose, " Duck Luck told me."
" Duck Luck, how do you know it ? " Says Duck
Luck, " Hen Pen told me." " Hen Pen, how do
you know it ? " Says Hen Pen, " Chicken Little
told me." " Chicken Little, how do you know it ? "
" How can I help knowing it ? " says Chicken Lit-
tle ; "I heard it with my ears, I saw it with my eyes,
and part of it fell on my tail ! " " O, come, let us
run ! " says Turkey Lurkey. And away they all
went till they met with

Fox Lox. " O Fox Lox ! " says Turkey Lur-
key, "the sky is falling!" "Who told you?"
says Fox Lox. Says Turkey" Lur key, "Goose
Loose told me." " Goose Loose, who told you?"
" Duck Luck told me." " Duck Luck, who told
you?" "Hen Pen told me." "Hen Pen, who
told you ? " " Chicken Little told me." " Chick-
en Little, how do you know it ? " " O, I heard it
with my ears, 1 saw it with my eyes, and part of it
fell on my tail ! " " Make haste ! " says Fox Lox,
" and all come into my den "

Fox Lox opened the door, and in went Turkey
Lurkey. As she went in, Fox Lox bit off her
head, threw it one way, and the body another.
Then went in Goose Loose. Fox Lox cut off her
head, and threw her in. Then came Duck Luck.
Fox Lox did the same by her. Then came Hen
Pen. Fox Lox bit off her head, and threw it one
way, and the body the other. Then came Chicken
Little. Fox Lox caught hold of her, and eat her
all up, and then finished his supper with the rest,
and all this from the foolish fright of Chicken
Little.

 
..as it says in scripture..we must beware the foxes who nip the vines and  may be able to symbolically confuse our spiritual head which is our faith in the spiritual life...
 
11] For winter is now past, the rain is over and gone. [12] The flowers have appeared in our land, the time of pruning is come: the voice of the turtle is heard in our land: [13] The fig tree hath put forth her green figs: the vines in flower yield their sweet smell. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come: [14] My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hollow places of the wall, shew me thy face, let thy voice sound in my ears: for thy voice is sweet, and thy face comely. [15] Catch us the little foxes that destroy the vines: for our vineyard hath flourished.

[15] Catch us the little foxes: Christ commands his pastors to catch false teachers, by holding forth their fallacy and erroneous doctrine, which like foxes would bite and destroy the vines.
 
..if an individual does not trust the local Bishop in good standing, the CDF or even the Pope with his current advice telling us Mary is not a post mistress sending messages everyday..then we are at the mercy of little devious foxes who do not care for our spiritual integrity..but only seek to further their own agendas while crowding out the appointed Agents of Christ....
....amen

No comments:

Post a Comment